Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back to Work

In honor of being a new city girl I had no clue that Macy's put on a fireworks spectacular every 4th of July. I probably should have known since my family is a huge fan of the Macy day events like the Thanksgiving day parade. Next year it has been added to my bucketlist of things to do in NYC. Com'on fireworks set off at four different locations lining the river, it's every inner childs fantasy. So in 365 day I will report on just how amazing they are. But after a nice long 4th of July weekend, which I hope everyone enjoyed and got their fill of magnificent explosive fireworks, it is back to work.

Even though Tuesday is stricten with a case of the Mondays, the brightside is that it is a short week!

After my long weekend at home spent out of the city I did a lot of thinking. The most promenient thought in my head all weekend long was, dreading my 6 am wake up call on Tuesday morning. LAME, I know, but that initally opening of the eyes and first step onto the hardwood floor is pretty painful! However, all was sucessfully accomplished. The parking debocale is still in the learning curve because even though I found the correct lot, I neglected to realize that the meter is cash only. I arrived this morning with only my card, cool, yet again catching the train without paying for parking. We all know what that means. Yes another $20 ticket. I hope today is the day that the officer skips over my car, if not that this is the last one, I swear. It would just be so much easier to finally have everything under control!

They were a few things I misseed about my morning in the city. I have grown accustomed to my morning coffee from Breakfast Cart. I really don't think that you can beat it, a large coffee for $1.50. That is a great deal for a regular cup of coffee, it's no Starbucks, but sometimes the basics are just what you need to start your morning. It is like going to your favorite deli and getting your morning coffee, not because it is great just cause you like going there. However, in NYC there is no deli, it's a cart on every corner and instead of being filled with locals there is a line of people irushing to get to work. It's all the same, just right now it has that real city appeal. I also love the fact that there is a fruit cart right next door. My morning banana is only sixty cents or 3 for $1. In my that is a bargain for breakfast.


I stop by every few mornings, kind of trying to make my own tradition, and the people that run the carts are very nice and make for great morning chit-chat. As week two starts it seems like we are off to a great start for city life. As it continues I am sure we will lots to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment