Wednesday, July 13, 2011

This is not good bye






Today is my last day working in the city for a variety of reason that I will explain in later posts. However, being my last day in NYC for awhile I tried to make my lunch hour special. Things at work were also a little rough and awkward so as I previously read in a magazine I took that time to myself.
A coworker has been recommending a near by Mediterranean restaurant that he frequents. He swears that it has the best falafels in the area, being a fan of Mediterranean food I figured I would give it a shot. The place is called yummyummy, It is this little hole in the wall restaurant with about 5 tables and a little bar that you order your food from. However, as I have always been told by my father the ones that look the worst or deceiving are the best places to eat. That theory goes right along with yummyummy.



For lunch I had the yummyummy falafel, this not an average falafel it had hummus and avocado on it. And as all the posters claimed it was fast service and tasted very fresh. I am not Mediterranean food expert, but I can tell you that I will most certainly be making a stop back at this little place to get good food. Heck, I was ready to take home all of the side to try with my family.


After my delicious lunch I continued down Lexington to a jewelry store that I pass every day. I had been keeping my eye on this one particular necklace. I was planning on working to save up for it, but since those plans were cut short and I have thought about the necklace since the day that I saw it. I went with my shoppers impulse and bought it as a gift to myself for putting in the effort to work in the city and realizing that I can do it, and lastly as a memento that I will be back!


The necklace came from Torino Jewelers, which I researched on google and got great reviews that it was one of the best stores around. The woman gave me a great deal because I have been to the store a few time inquiring about the necklace. However, I am under stricted orders not to disclose the exact price. Anyway the necklace is a smokey stone set in silver surrounded by a cluster of turquoise stones also set in silver. To me it is one of the most beautiful and unique pieces of jewelry I have ever owned, I wore it right out of the store! I'm excited to wear it out tonight! I already have so many outfits planned out around it!



I even bought a little something special for my sister I would have bought everyone something by I ran out of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment